The Family Hotel with a View of the Gulf of Mexico
A Perfect Gathering Spot for Groups of All Sizes
The Commodore on the Beach is centrally located on Galveston Island's Seawall Boulevard overlooking the Gulf, an ideal location for group lodging. We are available to assist your group in many ways, including arrangements for pre- and post-cruise accommodations. Please review the following details for more information:
- All rooms non-smoking. 69 dbl/dbls, 21 kings, 2 family rooms; all with Gulf views, poolside patios or private balconies
- Beachfront pool
- Gumbo Diner serves breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rollaways available
- Elevator and handicap accommodations
- Security conscious staff, well-lighted public areas
- Electronic Key Card Locks, DirecTV, individually controlled central AC/heat
- The Commodore provides welcome reception with coffee, teas, juices and cookies
- Personalized welcoming letters and rooming lists placed in each room
- Departure goodies placed on coach before check-out.
|·90 rooms, all with Gulf views
·2 Family Rooms Available
·Value season rates
|·Conveniently located between East End historic sites and family fun out west.
||·See a live view from our rooftop
|The Commodore on The Beach
3618 Seawall Blvd., 77550-8847
P.O. Box 3830
Galveston, TX 77552-0830
- Central Beachfront Location, on Seawall Boulevard
- 50 miles south of Houston
- 5-10 minutes to Island’s Moody Gardens, Historic and other attractions (cruise terminals, deep sea fishing boats, harbor cruises, Seawolf Park, Flight & Transportation Museums, etc.)
- 30-40 minutes to NASA, Space Center Houston, Parimutual Greyhound Track, Tanger Outlet center
- Overlooking parade route for Mardi Gras
- Lobby door motor coach access, spacious free parking
- Peak Season is Memorial Day weekend through Mid-August
- Mid Season is April 1 through May 31
- Value Season begins the 3rd Sunday in August through the last Thursday in March, with special discounts December through February
** Note: Weekends, holidays and special events periods affect rate levels, please inquire.
- Expanded complimentary breakfast bar until 10:00 A.M.
- 24-hour coffee, tea and juices in lobby
- Complimentary cookies and milk in afternoons and evenings
- Gumbo Diner, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, and three major seafood restaurants, including Gaido’s Seafood Restaurant, Casey’s Seaside Cafe, Joe’s Crab Shack, Brick House Tavern and several other restaurants nearby
- Farewell snacks placed in coach
- Minimum 12 rooms to qualify
- Reservations: Minimum 14 days in advance
- Payment: Prepayment requirements vary by season.
- Cancellations: 100% refund 10 days out, cancellations must be made in writing. No refund on cancellations less than 10 days from scheduled arrival. Individual rooms must cancel at least 48 hrs prior to arrival date.
- Flexible comp policies during non-peak times.
- Preferably tagged with client’s names
- $4.50 total (round trip) per paid guest room
- Groups are pre-registered when rooming lists are provided at least 3 days in advance
- Registration envelopes contain 2 key cards and a sewing kit
- We prefer check-in envelopes be distributed while clients are on coach
Motor Coach Tour Services
- The Commodore staff can arrange experienced step-on guides for local tours
- Staff is available 24 hours a day to assist tour members with any needs or requests